30 December 2008

Some Updates for the New Year

OK, so I've realized that its been a long time since I've posted anything...

Many of my last posts were reviews of wines, and I haven't posted any of those for a long time, either... While I've continued to enjoy German Rieslings, I have generally been buying the same ones that I have already reviewed. I have continued to see variations in the Saint M -- some have been good, some have been not so good... I've seen some variation in the Schlink Haus as well, but not as much. Also, we've been able to see that the Schlink Haus has changed the into on their label when they are different. Of all of the inexpensive German Rieslings, it seems that the Schmitt Söhne is the most consistent.

I also had a long post about our experiences with eBay and their collection agency. After sending all of the documentation that I could find to both of them, I have heard nothing. From either party... I'm assuming that no news is good news, and that they will be leaving us alone now.

I have also been thinking that the blog might be a good venue for sharing some of my genealogy research. A few months ago, I found some information on someone else's blog, and thought it was an interesting idea. I've just emailed a few things to some family members, and thought that it would make a good start here as well.

1 comment:

Chris Klau said...

Brad,
Thank you for the confidence you expressed in the consistency of Schmitt Sohne Riesling. As America's largest importer of Riesling (German or otherwise), we take great pride in offering wine enthusiasts a product upon which they can rely. And we appreciate loyal customers like you!

We have some exciting plans for 2009 that include introducing new value-priced wines. We'll be communicating with members of our little German Fan Club when those wines are released. If you'd like to hear about those, please join the Fan Club at www.littleGerman.com

All the Best to You for 2009!

Chris Klau
President, Schmitt Sohne Wines