14 November 2009

My Life Just Got A Little Cheaper

Had to go to WalMart this morning to pick up refills on my prescriptions. As we walked in the door, Jeannette started pointing at the sign we passed advertising Prevacid - now available Over The Counter! We had to wait awhile for the pharmacy to open, so we started shopping for some groceries and things... We walked past the display for the Prevacid, available as either 14 pills or 42, but only a 15mg dose, where the one I take every day is 30mg. The 42 pack was just over $25, which is about half of what I pay as my co-pay for a 30 day supply. Once the pharmacy opened, I asked them if Prevacid was available as a "generic" yet, and one of pharmacy techs in back said "Yes, we just got it yesterday!" So, it turns out that the generic as a prescription is a better deal -- a 30 day supply of 30mg dose was under $15! Thats much better than $50 every month!

No comments: