01 March 2008

Riesling Ice Wine

My neighbor Steve called me last weekend, needing help with his printer on his home network. After spending some time reconfiguring the printer, and creating some new print queues, Steve rewarded my efforts by popping open a 2000 Plum Creek Riesling Ice Wine that he had chilling. Plum Creek is a Colorado winery, near Palisade, about 10 miles from Grand Junction on Colorado's western slope.

I’ve had a Rosé from Plum Creek last October that wasn’t really to my taste, but this Riesling Ice Wine is a different story!

An Ice wine is made from grapes that have stayed on the vine until they freeze, so they are overly ripe, very sweet, and very intense.

Plum Creek Riesling Colorado Ice Wine 2000
Produced and bottled by
Plum Creek Cellars, Ltd.
BWCO10 - 3708 G Road
Palisade, Colorado 81526
(970) 464-7586
Alcohol 8%
375ml

With a rich aroma, heavy body, and intense burst of flavor, this dessert wine is a very enjoyable experience. Long lasting finish. I'm not sure that Plum Creek produces this wine every year, but I'm going to look for more of this!

No comments: