01 March 2008

Wine Tasting 14 Feb 2008

For Valentine’s Day, which is also Jeannette’s birthday, I had wanted to get another bottle of Dr. Loosen Blue Slate Riesling that we had at Christmas (See Wine Tasting 24 Dec 2007) since it was Jeannette’s favorite. Davidson’s, where I usually shop, was out of stock. I went to several other local wine/liquor stores, but they either didn’t carry it, or were also out. I decided to substitute with something else in same price range, about $13-14.

I’ve liked the other Rieslings that I’ve had from Mönchhof, so I decided to pick up their Estate Riesling, which Davidson’s has priced at $12.99.

Mönchhof (Robert Eymael) 2006 Estate Riesling
Mönchhof - Robert Eymael
D-54539 Ürzig/Mosel
http://www.moenchhof.de
A.P. Nr. 2602 029 012 07
Mosel-Saar-Ruwern Riesling Qualitätswein
http://www.germanwine.net
Imported by Cellars International, Inc.
San Marcos, CA 92078 USA
for Rudi Wiest
9.5% alcohol
Produce of Germany
Price: $12.99 from Davidsons

Tasting Notes:
pale color, medium body, some spritz, smooth, slightly sweet, good balance with acidity, nice finish. Not quite as intense as the Mönchhof Mosel Slate, but definitely very nice for the price, and a Riesling that I would consider buying again.

No comments: